Completed in Summer 2003, this 6600 SF mixed-use building in West Seattle contains 4 dwelling units and 2 storefront commercial spaces. Originally designed for a sculptor and a photographer as an artists' cooperative, the project was acquired by David Foster Architects in 2002 to serve as offices for the firm. The remaining live/work spaces are being leased. The building was designed under a strict budget and draws upon typical storefront elements like masonry and glass to establish a presence on the street. The upper floor level is relatively opaque, reflecting the typologies of the commercial neighborhood. On this floor, a single flat comprising 1800 SF with a large roof deck opens up toward the western view.